Looking for some quick and easy ways to get your home ready to sell? We’ve put together our top five ways to get your home “show and sell” ready, ideas that won’t break the bank!
- Pressure wash exterior and the driveway. First impressions make a HUGE impact. Have the driveway and the house pressure washed, so it’s sparkling for showings. You’ll be astounded at what a difference this small detail makes.
- Keep the grass under control. Make sure you’re mowing the lawn weekly. Keeping the home looking pristine on the outside will make it more inviting to potential buyers!
- Give it a fresh coat of paint. The smell of a freshly painted house automatically reads “NEW”! Refresh the front door with a coat of paint. Paint the main areas with a neutral color. And be sure to patch up any holes from nails. If some high traffic areas have walls that don’t look great, touch them up too! It makes a big impact.
- Give the inside a good deep cleaning. After you’ve decluttered and packed up some of your things, go ahead and get the carpets shampooed, the kitchen sparkling, and the bathrooms deep cleaned. You can do this yourself or hire someone to do it for you. But be sure to keep a schedule to keep it up and create a short checklist for quick cleanings before showings.
- Refresh the finishes. If you don’t have the time or funds for a complete kitchen remodel, a few quick fixes will make your home look amazing. Recaulking the tub, regrouting tiles, updating kitchen drawer pulls, and replacing door knobs are small updates that can really make your home sparkle.
Getting your home ready for sale doesn’t have to be difficult or really expensive. A good real estate agent can help you make sure it’s making the right impression. At Cloninger Properties, we offer many free services as part of our listing service that helps you make a great first impression, both in person, and in your online presence.
Let the experts at Cloninger Properties help you today!
Keeping it real,
Cloninger Properties Team